21 June 2010

Just a Sketch of My Day.

Today I:
  • took a tour of the Bridge. I got to wear the Captain's hat and "steer the ship," though it was really on auto pilot. 
  • watched a documentary on JK Rowling and interviewed a circus clown in my entrepreneurship class.
  • went to a travel sketching seminar. It was obvious that Bonnie & I were the only non-art majors and I was rather embarrassed when everyone had to share their sketches at the end of the hour.
  • helped a tipsy professor find her way back to the faculty lounge.
  • got assigned a project group and country for my 20 page marketing paper on shaving products in the Mediterranean. 
  • enjoyed one of the first warm days by studying on the top deck.
Everyday at 1200 and 1730, we get announcements on the intercom system from one of the funniest staff members. The 1730 announcements usually include a "special question of the day" which was overheard on the ship during the day. Here are a few that have been reported so far:
  • Is lobster so expensive because it's extinct?
  • Where is the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
  • What do they have at the Picasso Museum?
There will be more to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment