23 May 2011

Samstag Snapshots

Weekends are a wonderful thing. The weather was gorgeous on Saturday, so when I woke up at noon I decided to explore Saarbrücken--my new home for the summer. Here's a few quick snapshots of my day:

St. Johanner Markt (the area where I live)
a band playing in the street-- all the shoppers stopped and watched
My 2 pm breakfast-- apple pancake & a coffee frap. I don't normally go to
Starbucks for my morning coffee, but it was a frappuccino kind of day
what better way to tour Germany than on a bier bike?
I found the city park which runs parallel to the Saar River.
I spent several hours here just soaking up the sun :)
Elements of the park pay tribute to Saarbrücken's industrial past
When I came home, there was a mini fire brigade rally passing by our street.
From what I understand, the fire department is celebrating its 100th year.
Unfortunately weekends come and go too quickly. I realize this post is a couple of days late and I promise to try and get better at keeping up with the blog. After spending 7 hours on a computer at work every weekday, I usually just want to unplug and unwind on my time off. This upcoming weekend I'm going to Berlin and I couldn't be more excited! But more on that later...

"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." -Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment