18 May 2011

Here Comes The Sun

It is currently 73 degrees Fahrenheit in Saarbrücken and my windows are wide open so that the sun's rays can reach me directly as it sinks behind the silhouette of a neighboring house. Today has been the first truly warm day here since I arrived last weekend. I suppose I packed for a Texas summer, maybe even Mediterranean, but certainly not for the cold, rainy days I have been experiencing. At night it can drop into the low 40s, and on Sunday night I was so shivery that I had to resort to wearing two pairs of socks and curling up with my bath towel just so I could fall asleep in my drafty room. I even had to delete Fort Worth from my saved locations on the Weather Channel website because seeing the two temperatures side-by-side was making me homesick. I know this might sound melodramatic, but I just don't do cold weather, especially when I only brought sundresses and sandals to wear. However, it seems that summer has finally arrived in Saarbrücken (even if just for today). The sun is now shining, the voices of a choir fill the streets below, and I am a happy camper. :)


“Keep your face always toward the sunshine- and shadows will fall behind you.” -Walt Whitman

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos and hearing about your daily routine. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to comment under Laura's account.

    ReplyDelete