24 June 2011

Hasta Luego


Goodbyes suck, and yesterday I had to say adios to two of my new amigos--Jesus and Diego. They have officially finished their internships at earthfaves and headed back to sunny old Spain. Although yesterday was a holiday in Germany, the day was far from cheery. The weather was bleak (as usual) and I had to bid farewell to Jesus at the Hauptbahnhof in the morning and Diego at the bus stop in the evening. I never realized how close of friends we all became in just a month's time. The office is much quieter without my favorite crazy Spaniards; they will truly be missed.

But we did not send them off without first having a proper fiesta. On Wednesday night the whole office went to dinner at Zum Stiefel and then we danced the night way to 90's music at Die Garage. We were quite a random group to be seen: three Americans, two French, an Indian, two Spaniards, a Catalan (not to be confused with the Spanish-- but let's not even go there), Daniel (one of my bosses), a Bulgarian, and a German professor (from the College of Charleston.) It was hilarious, to say the least.
with Raafi, Jesus & Ludivine at Zum Stiefel
spinach & feta strudel.
my farewell gift from the guys: "a hula hoop, because you used to be a cheerleader." 
I will miss these guys a lot, but I have a good feeling that our paths will cross again.
Who knows... maybe even later this summer :)
“Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” -Henry David Thoreau

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." -Gilda Radner

No comments:

Post a Comment