03 August 2011

earthfaves: I love this place.

Internshipin'
Today is the last day of my summer internship. It's hard to imagine how different my life will be when I'm back in Texas a week from now. Some of you may be wondering what exactly I've been doing in Germany for the past three months. Well, I've been a member of the marketing team for a startup website called earthfaves. The website is currently in its beta version and is expected to launch sometime later this fall. Earthfaves is a social network for sharing favorite places and a brand advocacy tool for businesses. The name earthfaves stands for "favorite places on earth," and the website makes it simple to share and discover cool places recommended by only your friends and the people you trust most. And in addition to receiving insiders' tips (or Geheimtipps as we call them at work), you can also get special discounts and offers from the businesses that you recommend. Some of my tasks for the summer included performing a market analysis, developing a social media management strategy, and improving English text for the new homepage. I learned a lot this summer and had a great time along the way. I hope the website will continue to grow and have a long, successful future. Thanks for the good times earthfaves. It's been a memorable summer.
Necco, Youlia, and me

No comments:

Post a Comment