26 June 2012

Charleston and all its charm

Charleston is just as lovely as I remember it. I went there over the weekend to visit my friend Youlia. She lives in the cutest duplex home that she and her friends call the Château. It has one of those front doors that swings open to the porch, like so many of the pastel colored homes in the city do. Staying at her home downtown was great, because we were able to walk everywhere we went.
Charleston has all the charm of the south with the added bonus of being close to the sea. The only time we used the car all weekend was for a short drive to Folly Beach on Saturday, where we spent the entire day bronzing in the sun.
My favorite places I visited include: Speakeasy, Social Wine BarFish
No trip to Charleston is complete without a visit to the City Market. I love to watch women, like the one above, weave beautiful baskets out of sweetgrass, a tradition that has existed in Charleston for more than 300 years.
Catching up with my intern friends over breakfast. It had been nearly a year since I last saw them. 
My trip to Charleston, South Carolina was a blast. Wandering the historic streets in the sultry sun, drinking champagne at happy hour, and giggling at all the lawyers leaving work in their seersucker suits-- 
I adore this southern coastal city.

No comments:

Post a Comment