01 November 2012

Springtime in Sydney

The weather is warming in New South Wales, and as the temperature continues to climb and the days pass by, I find myself even more in love with Sydney. This may be my second spring season this year, but it's shaping up to be my favorite. The streets are covered in purple blossoms, sprinkled by the trees above, almost intentionally, as if they were decorating for a wedding. Shop windows showcase their best racing attire--dresses, hats, fascinators, and suits for watching the horse races in this season. And the harbour is especially glittery under the spring sun.
I've been enjoying my evening jogs in Centennial Park, watching people ride horses, fly kites with their children, or play fetch with their dogs. As I walk home, I pass the duck pond where the black swans do their haunting dance on the water. I smell the honeysuckle growing along the fence line. I get chased by a bee. Work keeps me busy, but I love spending my free time outdoors, and there's so many places to do that here in Sydney. It may be a big city, but it's also blessed with gorgeous beaches, parks, and nearby mountain escapes. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment