08 July 2011

À bientôt

Tonight I am catching up on some overdue blog posts. I've been busy hanging out with Ludivine and helping her cross things off her to do list during her last week here in Saarbrücken. Today she finished her internship and went back home to Lyon. To celebrate her last day at work, we had a delightful little picnic in the office with the food that her mother brought from France-- salami, pâté, bread, wine, and cheese. It was scrumptious!

I can't believe how quickly two months can fly by and how quickly a friendship can blossom. Ludivine and I started our internships on the same day back in May, and for a long time we were the only two girls in the office. I have no idea what I'm going to do without her during my last month here in Germany. 
Who will go shoe shopping with me during lunch breaks now?

My heart ached when I had to say farewell this evening, but it was much easier knowing that I was saying "see you soon" rather than goodbye. We've already made plans to meet up again in August and visit Jesus and Diego in Madrid. It should be the perfect way to end my summer abroad, with the friends that I met in the beginning.


"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." 
-Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment