08 August 2012

Moonrise Kingdom: Taking Fashion Cues from a Twelve Year-Old

Summertime is for movie watching. At least that's the case when you live in a small town and there's not much else to do. My favorite film I've seen this summer is Wes Anderson's new flick-- Moonrise Kingdom. The story takes place in a tiny New England town where two twelve year-old misfits fall in love and run away from home. Sounds cheesy? Well...it is, but in the adorable summer camp romance sort-of-way that only Wes Anderson can create. It's packed with hilarious one-liners and a great soundtrack. If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend it.



The quirky and imaginative adventures of Sam and Suzy made me want to put on a Francoise Hardy record, pack a picnic and go camping with my kitten. I've always had a thing for 1960s fashion, and I love how little Suzy's micro-mini dresses are on trend with the contrasting collars seen in stores today.

Want to copy Suzy Bishop's style? Slip into one of these darling dresses.
They give a subtle nod to the past, but are totally wearable today.
Click on the picture to shop this look.

Moonrise Kingdom

1 comment:

  1. i love wes anderson sooo much this was a great movie! and of course i loved her style, nice choices :D

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete