12 February 2013

Coastal Walking

I still remember the first time I did the Eastern Suburbs Coastal Walk from Bondi to Coogee. It was one of my first sunny days in Sydney, and the blue skies and even bluer ocean created the perfect scenery for a long stroll. Seeing the turquoise waves kiss the shore and crash against the rocks, I felt truly at peace for the first time in weeks; I was at peace with having no direction and only knowing that I was where I wanted and needed to be, near the sea and in the sunshine.
The Coastal Walk is one of my favorite things to do in Sydney and it should not be missed by any visitor. The walk hugs 6 km of coastline and encompasses some of the most popular beach spots: Bondi, Tamarama, Bronte, Clovelly, Gordon's Bay, and Coogee. It takes anywhere from 1-2 hours to complete at a steady pace. However, there are breathtaking lookout points, cafes and kiosks, and swimming holes along the way, which when stopped at, could turn the walk into an all-day affair.  
 {Gordon's Bay is the perfect spot for snorkeling or a shore dive}
 {or sunbathing on the rocks}
{or playing fetch with your dog}
{the Waverley Cemetery}
{Coogee Beach}
Whether running the trail for a workout or crawling along at a snail's pace, be sure to absorb the sights, inhale the salty breeze and listen to the waves crashing against the cliff sides. The first time I did the Coastal Walk was the moment I fell in love with Sydney, and if you stop to appreciate the beauty of your surroundings, you just might feel the same way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment