09 March 2013

The Streets of Melbourne

Since I only had four full days to spend in Melbourne, I decided that instead of rushing from attraction to attraction, I would instead enjoy the city at a slower pace. Walking along the Yarra River, spending hours in unique coffee shops, thrift shopping in Fitzroy, enjoying the unseasonably hot weather and exploring the small bar scene--this is how I spent my days in Melbourne.

{Melbourne is a modern, well-designed city. 
Whether by bike, tram, bus or foot, it's easy to get around in the city.}
{There are lots of street musicians in Melbourne...}
 {and street artists...}
 {and street art.}
{I love the way this Vespa dealership used graffiti as a way to promote its business}

{It isn't often that I like a hostel enough to recommend it, but I really loved The Nunnery. The hostel's historic building used to be a convent (hence the name) and it's located in Fitzroy, one of Melbourne's hippest neighborhoods. It tends to attract a really chill crowd of backpackers and I met a lot of cool people during my stay. There's a courtyard area with a BBQ grill as well as a nice indoor lounge. Plus, the hostel puts on daily events and provides a complimentary breakfast every morning. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for accommodation in Melbourne.}

{My new friend, Becky. She's incredibly talented & creative. Just check out her illustration portfolio}
{Melbourne has one of the most impressive street art scenes in the world. 
This graffiti pretty much sums up the attitude of the city in four words.}

No comments:

Post a Comment