12 March 2013

Cottesloe Beach

I didn't really know much about Perth, when I arrived in the city. I had heard from many well-traveled friends and acquaintances that the beaches in Western Australia are second to none, so that's where I decided I would spend my only day in Perth and my last day in Australia. 

The weather couldn't have been nicer. I spent the morning meandering the streets of Northbridge, noticing that everyone seemed to walk a little slower, like they were in no hurry to be anywhere. I thought it would be best to just walk along the beach instead of swimming. I was flying to Bali early the next morning, and I didn't want to get my only swimsuit wet. But once I got off the bus at Cottlesloe Beach, I immediately regretted not bringing it. The sun was hot and the water was crystal clear and the perfect shade of blue. It was prettier than I imagined. I walked along the shore, stopping occasionally for an ice cream or coffee. Spending the day on my own gave me a chance to reflect on the last six months and the crazy adventures I've had, the friends I've made and how I've evolved as a person.
 {Cottlesloe Beach}
{I still want to take a road trip in one of these VW vans.}
 {The Sculpture By the Sea exhibition was on when I was there, and this was one of my favorite sculptures. Each bamboo pole represents a life lost during the 2002 Bali bombings and with the help of the wind, they together, create an orchestra of sound.}
Have you been to Perth before? What's your favorite beach? What should I see on my next visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment